Roden School Council Mandate
As Roden School Council, we will strive:
- To build an inclusive community. We recognize we have a unique and diverse student body. Our purpose is to recognize that all students, families, and caregivers have an equitable voice here within our council, and we are here to listen to those voices and advocate for them as needed.
- To promote equity, inclusivity, and fairness within our school community, to ensure that each and every student has what they need to reach their academic and social potential.
- To create a forum for communication with Roden Public School Administration, the Toronto District School Board, and the Ministry of Education. By facilitating council meetings and regular points of contact with school staff, we open the doors to communication where we can discuss and listen to one another over issues of concern.
- To encourage students’ well-being and achievement through planned activities, workshops, and other initiatives that complement their public education.
- To be a resource for all school families where possible, to further create local connections and resources, and to offer support where needed.