Since 2014, Roden School Council has run a year-end Fun Fair. Each year has been tremendously successful having raised over $12,000 for our kids and creating an enormous amount of fun and school spirit.
The fairs haven’t been easy to pull off though. In previous years, we’ve relied on the considerable efforts of a small group parents, which has proven to be exhausting and unsustainable.
This is where YOU come in. Yes, you.
There are plenty of quick and easy tasks – perfect for busy and working parents. You don’t have to attend meetings. Just let us know you’re willing to help and we’ll find the right task for your skill set and availability.
We’re looking for a BIG group of people to divide and conquer our to do list, so that together, we can end the school year with a Fun Fair our children have come to love!
Here’s an idea of just some of the roles we’re looking to fill:
* Generating ideas by attending a meeting or two
* Graphic design
* Hanging posters in the neighbourhood
* Promotion on social media & other local media outlets
* Find monetary sponsorship (If we had 10 people find one sponsor we’d be laughing)
* Find vendors for face painting, balloons and other activities
* Food (plan menus, find food sponsors and vendors)
* Find Entertainment
* Equipment rental (bouncy castles, rock climbing wall, etc)
* Games (generating ideas and finding supplies)
* Administrative things (photocopying, data entry, spreadsheet tracking, etc)
* Prizes (generate ideas and find donations)
* General running around (shop basic supplies, pick up prizes, etc)
* Recognition (print certificates and coordinate delivery after the event)
* Recruit volunteers for event day
In many cases, these roles can be split, so partner up with a friend!
We’re counting on YOU.
E-mail us (do it now so you don’t forget!) at email@example.com to let us know you’re interested in helping out OR look for the sign up sheet in the main office.