Wow! What a year! Thank you to all the parents, students, teachers, school staff and community partners for making our projects so incredibly successful! We couldn’t have made such great things happen without all of you.
A special thank you to our Roden School Council members who diligently met each month to discuss school issues and make plans for all sorts of amazing events and programs for our students.
Here’s a recap of what we accomplished:
Events we planned together with volunteer committees:
Roden’s Great Outdoor Adventure
4 Movie Nights
Food Drive in December
Spring Art Raffle and Bake Sale
Roden Fun Fair
Funds raised were directed to:
• Outdoor education related trips, programming & supplies for all students
• Cultural enrichment shows at our school for all students – Carnival music performance, National Ballet and Peter Pan theatre production
• 20 laptops with cart for all students to use
• Nitwits lice checking 3 times per year
• Read up club – books
• Book publishing club – book binding
• Photography club – equipment
• Lego Robotics Kits for grades 7 & 8
• Kitchen set and microscope for FDK classes
• 3 desktop computers for the library
• Breakfast Club donation
• Grade 8 year end trip
• Babysitting and pizza for meetings
• Staff appreciation lunch
Consider Joining School Council Next Year!
It’s easy to join school council and get involved in shaping the environment our children learn in. Registration is held in September, which entails filling out a form requesting a spot on council. The first official meeting is usually held the second Wednesday of October and council continues to meet the second Wednesday of each month after that.
Whether you join council or not, everyone is welcome to attend and contribute to the meetings.
There are always possibilities to get involved in school projects, without being a council member. You could:
1. Attend a council meeting.
2. Join or lead a committee such as Fun Fair, Movie Nights, Indoor Air Quality, Bake Sale and others.
3. E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know you’d like to be added to the email list notifying you of volunteer opportunities (without obligation) like baking or posting flyers and other basic things.
4. Subscribe to our monthly newsletter by going to Roden.ca and signing up.
5. “Like” us on Facebook: Roden School Council for all sorts of updates.
See you for another great year in September!
Roden School Council 2015/16