Roden’s Baseball Bonanza is happening this Saturday, May 13, from 12:00pm-3:00pm. Only $5.00 to participate!
Sign up forms for the event are due to the office this Thursday, May 11!!
We will be raffling off 2 great seats for the Mother’s Day Blue Jays game! Also, up for grabs is a Russell Martin jersey, an autographed MLB ball, Josh Donaldson umbrella, and many more!
Pizza, popcorn, drinks will be for sale. There will be a skills competition and a fun game with teachers and parents!
Mark your calendars! The next mental health workshop for parents is coming up on March 7. For more detailed information, see poster below and this article.
If you were unable to attend the Mental Health Workshop on February 7, the presentation is now available for viewing. Click the workshop title link below to download the presentation.
Topic: Healthy Strategies for Responding to Challenging Emotions in Children
A team of Roden and Equinox parents have partnered to coordinate a series of mental health workshops for our community. The workshops will be delivered by mental health professionals and are being offered to us for FREE (Funded by the Ministry of Education’s PRO-Grant). The workshops are open to anyone in our community, so please feel free to bring a friend.
SAVE THE DATES!
- Tuesday, February 7 – Healthy Strategies for Responding to Challenging Emotions in Children
- Tuesday, March 7 – Anxiety*
- Tuesday, April 4 – Mindful Parenting: Nurturing Connection, One Breath at a Time
- Tuesday, May 2 – Raising Sexually Health Children
*Exact title to be announced at a later date
FEBRUARY WORKSHOP DETAILS:
- Healthy Strategies for Responding to Challenging Emotions in Children
- Speaker: Christie Hayos, MSW, RSW from The Hincks-Dellcrest Centre
It’s not uncommon for parents & teachers to have questions about the emotional responses or behaviour of children. We often wonder if an emotional response is appropriate for a particular age, if it is cause for concern and it’s hard to know the best way to respond in a positive and healthy way.
This workshop will help clarify what emotional health looks like in children and ideas on how to respond to challenging emotions.
- Tuesday, February 7th, 6:30 to 8:30 PM
- Roden/Equinox School Library, 151 Hiawatha Rd
Child care for 3+ year olds is available in the Parenting Centre (Area 15).